Monday, April 10, 2017

Happy Spring Holy Days!

            Last night was the Passover and it was great. It’s amazing how distance, culture, and language can separate us but God’s Spirit truly binds us together. We are the same because in God there are no Jews and no Greeks, no Malawians and no Americans, just sanctified loved children. The first time I truly realized that was when I was in the Ukraine in 2015. I was keeping the Sabbath with a Sabbatarian group in Khust, Ukraine and us young adults sang As the Deer for special music. We’d sing one verse in Russian then the next in English and I remember the unifying spirit that brought us together as a family. My Ukrainian was not good and my Russian was even worse. They couldn’t speak much English, but we had the song, As the Deer, in common. Our God is a God of many nations, peoples, cultures, and languages.
This time of year is so special—there’s just an excitement in the air, smelling the unleavened bread baking in the oven, and preparing for Night to be Observed! My life has changed so much in the past six months and I am so thankful to God for that. I got married, moved across the world, and grew spiritually. I owe all that I have to Him. God is so good.

            I hope you all have an uplifting Spring Holy Day season!

No comments:

Post a Comment